Experienced Practitioner Gatherings – London
This is a Closed Practitioner Event
These gatherings are for qualified psychotherapists and counsellors who are of Black, African, South Asian and Caribbean heritage. These gatherings are also open to other therapists of colour who are affected by prejudice due to the colour of their skin and global white power. Students who have completed their course and are working towards registration are also invited.
The groups’ aims are to connect with other working therapists of colour, to gain support with developing ourselves as practitioners and to leave the group energised and inspired. The group is also looking for clinical practice issues.
Venue: Online via Zoom
Time: 10:30 – 13:00
The space is held by Kris Black
Dates: These gatherings are now monthly.
Saturday, 14 November 2020
Saturday, 12 December 2020
Saturday, 9 January 2021
Saturday, 13 February 2021
Saturday, 13 March 2021
Saturday, 17 April 2021
Saturday, 8 May 2021
Saturday, 12 June 2021
Saturday, 10 July 2021
Saturday, 14 August 2021
Saturday, 11 September 2021
- These events are free to Psychological Therapist Members and Student Therapist Members, £10 for Non-members.
- You can book gatherings up until the day before the gathering at 5 pm
- Only the next two upcoming dates will be open for registration at any one time.
- If you have difficulty booking, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If an event is full, email email@example.com to go on the waiting list. If a place becomes available before 5pm on the day before the event, priority will be given to those at the top of the waiting list.
Comments from the group
“BAATN gatherings offer therapists a professional family”
“Looking ahead, moving forward, it is possible to feel there’s no hope to this conundrum of the hate of racism and whether the colour of dark-skinned people will ever stop being something to be targeted, disliked and hated so much. We need to see it for the lie it is. Those that have been before have laid the foundation, and we are just carrying on in their footstep. Change must come, for the sake of the next generation” Abi CA
“Great idea for online gathering; really easy to access, just as good as face to face and still able to connect with others with good takeaways from the gathering”