Website FCS Talking Therapies
IAPT Senior CBT Therapist and Supervisor
FCS Talking Therapies Faversham Kent
Salary £40,894 to £41,723 per annum
Hours-37.5 per week
An opportunity has arisen to work in an exciting and dynamic service providing psychological interventions (namely CBT) and stepped care treatment to people with common mental health problems in primary care as part of the National Improving Access to Psychological Therapies. We are looking for people who have the energy, enthusiasm and skills to join our team who are committed to making a difference within the FCS Talking Therapies Service in the Faversham community. The service has been well established providing a stepped care, evidenced-based model for the treatment of people with common mental health problems. You will be hard-working and able to meet specified targets in order to deliver a high quality IAPT service to the local population. Preferentially, we are seeking a qualified BABCP accredited CBT/High Intensity therapist who has experience of working in an IAPT service at Step 3 and can provide supervision to colleagues.
This is an opportunity for qualified CBT Therapists to provide Step 3 high intensity psychological interventions to a range of adults with anxiety, depression and trauma-related problems in a primary care setting. Experience of working in Primary Care and having an interest in group work will be an advantage.
We are a Kent based charity with 20 years’ experience of providing psychological therapy services.
If you join us, you will be part of a team of multi-professional IAPT workforce:
PWPs, CBT/EMDR/DIT/LTC, Couples Therapists and Counsellors who aim to significantly increase access to treatment for people with depression, anxiety and other common mental health conditions, including those with Long Term conditions, in a variety of community settings.
FCS IAPT Talking Therapy Service is a client focused, pro-active community based provider and has strong links with both GP’s and our colleagues in secondary care mental health. We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality community oriented services, and to working in partnership with service users, carers, health and social care and voluntary agencies. We are a dynamic, supportive and creative service, who provide a high level of training and supervision to all clinical practitioners at all levels.
Applicants must be willing to be flexible in their approach to work.
Currently due to Covid-19 we are working remotely. There is an ongoing review of this as Government guidelines change and we are responsive to the changes.
JOB SUMMARY We are looking to recruit a Senior CBT HIT who has supervision experience and is BABCP Accredited.
1. To be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service and will provide high intensity psychological therapeutic interventions.
2. To work with clients who have a range of complex Anxiety and Depression related problems for which NICE guidelines demonstrate to be clinically effective
3. To work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages
4. To provide an advisory service on matters related to the practice and delivery of IAPT psychological services to individuals / groups / committees across the area
5. To work as part of the wider team to ensure minimum standards for the service and the client
6.To supervise CBT HIT’s or Trainee HIT’s within the Service.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
Service Delivery – Clinical
1. Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service.
2. Make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to the referral protocols, and refer unsuitable clients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary.
3. Assess clients for suitability for psychological interventions.
4. Exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment and treatment of clients in line with the service.
5. Formulate, implement and evaluate therapy programmes for clients.
6. Use highly developed communication skills in working with people to understand their personal and often very sensitive difficulties.
7. Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of client contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
8. Attend multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment, where appropriate.
9. Work closely with the clinical lead and other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
10. Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process.
11. Liaise with other health and social care staff from a range of agencies in the care provided clients.
12.Supervise qualified HIT CBT Therapists and Trainee CBT HIT Therapist. With meta supervision provided by the Clinical Lead.
13.Be part of the daily risk rota of Senior Staff providing advice and guidance for risk related matters.
Information and Governance
1. Complete all requirements, as outlined by the information lead, relating to data collection within the service.
2. Keep coherent records of all clinical activity in line with service protocols.
Training and Supervision
1. Attend and fulfil all the requirements of IAPT and FCS approved training.
2. Contribute to the teaching and training of mental health professionals and other staff working in the service.
3. After completion of training, you will be asked to supervise staff as appropriate within the service.
1. Ensure the maintenance of standards of practice according to the employer and any regulating, professional and accrediting bodies (e.g. BPS, UKCP, BABCP, BACP), and keep up to date on new recommendations / guidelines set by the Department of Health (e.g. NHS plan, National Service Framework, National Institute for Clinical Excellence).
2. Be aware of, and keep up to date with advances in the spheres of CBT and other psychological therapies.
3. Ensure clear professional objectives are identified, discussed and reviewed with senior therapists and management staff on a regular basis as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
4. Keep up to date all records in relation to CPD and ensure personal development plan maintains up to date specialist knowledge of latest theoretical and service delivery models / developments.
5. Attend relevant conferences / workshops in line with identified professional objectives.
6. Participate in service improvement by highlighting issues and implementing changes in practice.
Advisory / Liaison
1. Provide an advisory service on matters related to the practice and delivery of IAPT psychological therapies to individuals / groups / committees across the organisation.
2. Promote and maintain links with Primary Care and Secondary Care Staff to help coordinate the provision of an effective Psychological Therapies Service with the clinical lead
3. Provide specialist advice and consultation to other professionals / individuals / groups / committees across Mental Health Trusts, Primary Care Trusts and other voluntary agencies regarding service matters related to the practice and delivery of specific agreed therapeutic modalities and service provision.
1. Confidentiality: Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential or personalised information externally with prior consent from your line manager.
2. Data Protection Act: To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and its amendments to ensure integrity and security of information entrusted to FCS Talking Therapies.
3. Safeguarding: Working closely with the clinical leadership provide leadership in ensuring the organisational and individual statutory and organisational responsibilities are met in respect of safeguarding Children & vulnerable adults.
4. Conflict of interest: All applicants to any post within FCS Talking Therapies are required to declare any involvement either directly or indirectly with any firm, company or organisation that has a contract with FCS Talking Therapies. Failure to do so may result in an application being rejected or dismissal after appointment.
5. Equal Opportunities and Diversity: To ensure that all service users, their partners and carers, colleagues both in FCS Talking Therapies and other partner organisations are treated as individuals within FCS Talking Therapies’ Diversity and Equality framework.
6. Health and Safety: Compliance at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations and FCS Talking Therapies’ Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, ensuring reasonable care is taken with regard to yourself as well as any colleague, service user or visitor who might be affected by an act or failure to act by yourself. Working with the health and safety lead to ensure a clear understanding of your responsibilities under health and safety.
7. Quality Assurance: To ensure all activities are delivered in a way that supports and maintains FCS Talking Therapies’ registration with the Care Quality Commission and appropriate agencies in the devolved administrations.
8. Any Other duties: To undertake any other duties that are reasonable and are commensurate with the role as directed by the clinical lead/managing director or the Board of Trustees, in line with the changing needs of the service and legal requirements.
9. Self-Development: To ensure continuous professional development both personally and professionally through training supervision and other appropriate methods.
Closing date: Friday 26 March 2021
How to apply: Please apply via our Indeed advert only.
Application Deadline: 09/04/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,894.00-£41,723.00 per year