Working With Sex In The Therapy Room
With Gary McFarlane
17th March 2018
North London Group Therapy, 9 Manor Gardens, London N7 6LA
Is sex the elephant in the room which neither therapist or client will mention? Is this due to your own views and experience with sex and sexuality? Lack of accurate knowledge? Clues are often offered by clients to check the therapist’s comfort level. Become comfortable raising a conversation about sex with clients.
Perhaps only 20% of clients actually need a psychosexual Therapist and most sexual issues can be addressed by counsellors who are comfortable with the issues and subject matter. Become one of them.
The day will offer participants an opportunity to….
- Learn to hold and continue the conversation about sex with confidence
- Increase your knowledge base about sex, dispel myths and ensure accurate knowledge that you can then use in a psycho-educational imparting of knowledge to clients
- Consider possible interventions, which you can use at a level within your increased competency and know when to sign post on.
- Use skills and tools for effective interventions to improve sexual wellbeing.
- Gain a solid understanding of healthy sexuality and sexual function.
- Understand the common sexual dysfunctions.
- Undertake and initiate an assessment for intervention in a dysfunction and to be able to treat or to refer on. Know where to go for more information when needed.
- Learn what a Psychosexual Therapists does? Is there some work that I can do and what?
- When to refer to a Psychosexual Therapist and understand their work with clients.
Who should attend the workshop?
All counsellors who come across issues of sex in their client work or do not know whether sex is unspoken in the room and want to become knowledgeable to work with the issues up to a level.
Date: 17th March 2018
Time: 10am – 4:30pm
Venue: North London Group Therapy, 9 Manor Gardens, London N7 6LA
Early bird – before 17 February 2018 £65 (£50 members) Students £40 Organisations £95
Fee: £75 (£60 members) Students £50 Organisations £105
Maximum number of participants 18
Gary McFarlane BA, LLM, Dip, Certs
Gary is a Relate trained and experienced Relationship counsellor, Mediator and undertakes Sex Therapy & Sex Addiction treatment all of which are undertaken by Skype/Vsee, telephone and face to face with clients from all parts of the country and abroad. He is a trainer. He is also a member of BACP and the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity and an Accredited member of the Assoc of Christian Counsellors and is a member of stopSO. He also practices EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) and using the Feeling-State protocol.
Tel 0786 609 7247