YMCA DownsLink Group are currently recruiting for a Therapy Coordinator to join our Dialogue Therapeutic Service based in West Sussex. This county-wide service provides a range of counselling, therapeutic and online mental health services to young people aged 11-18 years old who are struggling with their mental health.
The post-holder will work in partnership with the Counselling Coordinator to develop and deliver the services offered to children and young people. Additionally, the post-holder will lead a team of therapists in delivering effective therapeutic interventions to young people, ensuring that these interventions are of a high quality and adhere to best practice guidelines and are evidence informed treatments. Responsible for ensuring that risk is managed robustly and follows YMCA DownsLink Group policies and procedures, and taking a lead role around participation work with children and young people who have accessed the service.
· A minimum of two years experience supporting vulnerable young people and working with risk issues such as self-harming and substance misuse
· A minimum of one year management/leadership experience
· Engagement and participation with children and young people
· To maintain the day-to-day running of the service, developing, implementing and reviewing organisational systems for triage, client assessment, allocation, referral and waiting list.
· To lead on participation with young people within the service, including involving young people in service design
· To help ensure that Dialogue is an accessible service to all, paying particular attention to the needs of young people from BAME backgrounds, LGBTQ young people, young people with disabilities and learning difficulties and showing sensitivity towards gender specific issues.
Expected working pattern:
Three days per week. Two of these days will fall on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. The role is currently home based however there may be occasions where travel to one of our hubs in West Sussex or to Reed House is expected.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.