Job Title: Community Counsellor
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Salary: £29,525 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 24.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract until 31/10/2023
Closing date: 6th December 2021
About the Position
An opportunity has arisen to join YMCA Dialogue in our West Sussex Community Counselling project to offer assessments & counselling to children & young people within the newly commissioned ‘blended’ tier 2 Counselling Service for young people aged 11-18 with mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
The role represents the operational face of the service in community settings and the post holder will be required to support children and young people within the emotional well-being pathway.
You will be required to work within the framework of an 8-session model, and carry out individual assessments, offer face-to-face counselling or online counselling and group work to children & young people. You will work with the project administrator and counselling coordinator to assist in the Triage and duty call process.
You must be a qualified counsellor, who is experienced in working with children and young people, have 2 years post qualifying experience. You will need to be BACP Registered/Accredited or registered with another recognised professional body (e.g. HPC, UKCP).
- Experience in delivering face to face counselling and carrying out of assessments with young people to include working with high risk and complex issues.
- More than 2 years post-qualified at graduate or post graduate level Counselling Diploma or equivalent [of two years minimum duration including personal counselling or psychotherapy.
- BACP Registration or Accreditation and/or eligible for other Professional Accreditation e.g. UKCP/HPC.
- Computer literate & able to use standard software e.g. Word, Excel & Outlook to facilitate working practices
- Experience of using electronic database for case management notes and administrative tasks to include monitoring & evaluation
- Experience of managing risk with effective communication around safeguarding procedures.
- Driving licence and access to a car for business use
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days holiday per annum pro rata (plus bank holidays), company Sick Pay scheme, Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary), Health & Wellbeing cash plan, Employee Assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To apply for this job please visit www.ymcadlg.org.