The University of West London (UWL) has secured funding to run a 2 year project with a goal of improving the mental health and wellbeing of the BAME/Global Majority student community, with a focus on digital innovation. It is a collaborative project working with the West London NHS Trust and the UWL Students Union.
We hope that this project will build the foundations and leave a legacy so that the NHS and Higher Education Intuitions such as ourselves provide racial and culturally competent support to Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
The role of the Mental Health Project Co-Ordinator will be to successfully run the day to day management of the project, working alongside myself, Michael Cobden (Head of Wellbeing), who will lead and have overall responsibility of the project. It is a really interesting role that requires lots of different skills but below are a few of the key tasks and demands of the role:
- Involved in co-producing and co-delivering some of the interventions.
- Use your creative digital skills to produce marketing materials to successfully reach and increase engagement from the student population that we are targeting.
- Contribute to Social Media content to raise awareness and increase engagement.
- Ensuring we meet all of our deadlines and stay on track for the project.
- Communicate with students and project partners/stakeholders.
- Support with data collection and analysis of the project to evaluate impact of the project.
The role is part-time 0.8 FTE so 28 hours a week. The salary is on a grade 5 which is £33,328 to £38,231 per annum pro-rated for a 0.8 FTE. It is a fixed term position that will run until 30th June 2023 which is the length of the project.
More information and how to apply can be found here – https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=2762&forced=1
Please see the full recruitment pack and job description for more information or feel free to email myself if you have any specific questions. Michael Cobden (Head of Wellbeing) firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.