THE ROLE: The Student Counselling Service is looking to recruit associate counsellors on a voluntary basis, to provide short term counselling to Roehampton University students. The Student Counselling Service is part of a vibrant Wellbeing Team that is committed to the needs and wellbeing of students within the university. This role would be ideal for someone wishing to gain further clinical hours and experience of working in the Higher Educational Sector, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
· We are looking to recruit counsellors for a January start. You will provide brief therapeutic face to face counselling, up to 5 students per day, plus attend supervision one day a week.
CRITERIA – Please explain how you achieve these criteria in your application form
· Associate Counsellor Placements: This placement scheme is open to trainee counsellors in the 2nd or 3rd year of a Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent level 5 training in counselling or psychotherapy approved by the BACP/UKCP/HCPC.
· Qualified counsellors or psychotherapist: this scheme is for qualified therapists wishing to increase their clinical hours for accreditation.
· 80 hours minimum of counselling experience is preferred. We will welcome trainee counsellors with some experience of working with complex mental health issues. Experience of working with young people and short-term therapy models are desirable. We will also consider previous experience in helping professions.
· Evidence of membership of the BACP/UKCP/HCPC is essential before any counselling placement can begin.
· Personal Therapy also essential for duration of placement. Evidence required.
· Be available Tuesdays or Fridays ideally but other days considered.
What we offer
· Free weekly counselling group supervision
· Programme of in-house training
· Managerial supervision and support
· A well-structured and safe working environment, in a beautiful, spacious and green campus
· Indemnity insurance
· CPD opportunities
· Use of the university’s facilities
· Experience of working as part of Student Wellbeing team in a university setting
· The opportunity to develop skills and experience of working with a diverse group of clients
· Opportunities to develop counselling practice in response to a wide range of client issues
INTERVIEW DATES: Fri 10th December 2021 – INDUCTION DAY: Friday 7th January 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 8th December 2021
To apply please send your completed application form
University of Roehampton | London | SW15 5PU
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8392 3653
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.