THE ROLE: The Student Counselling Service is looking to recruit associate counsellors on a voluntary basis, to provide short term counselling to Roehampton University students. The Student Counselling Service is part of a vibrant Wellbeing Team that is committed to the needs and wellbeing of students within the university. This role would be ideal for someone wishing to gain further clinical hours and experience of working in the Higher Educational Sector.
- We are looking to recruit counsellors for a September 2021 start. You will provide brief therapeutic counselling, up to 5 students per day, plus attend supervision one day a week.
- Associate Counsellor Placements: This placement scheme is open to trainee counsellors in the 3rd year of a Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent level 5 training in counselling or psychotherapy approved by the BACP/UKCP/HCPC.
- Qualified counsellors or psychotherapist: this scheme is for qualified therapists wishing to increase their clinical hours for accreditation.
- 150 hours minimum of counselling experience is preferred (we cannot consider anyone with less than this experience). We will prioritise trainee counsellors with experience of working with complex mental health issues. Experience of working with young people and short-term therapy models desirable as well as previous experience in helping professions.
- Evidence of membership of the BACP/UKCP/HCPC is essential before any counselling placement can begin.
- Personal Therapy also essential for duration of placement. Evidence required.
- Be available either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
What we offer
- Free weekly counselling group supervision
- Programme of in-house training
- Managerial supervision and support
- A well-structured and safe working environment
- Indemnity insurance
- CPD opportunities
- Use of the university’s facilities
- Experience of working as part of Student Wellbeing team in a university setting
- The opportunity to develop skills and experience of working with a diverse group of clients
- Opportunities to develop counselling practice in response to a wide range of client issues
Contact us for the application form – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.