University of Reading
Lecturer in Clinical Psychology (CBT)
School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences
SRF number: SRF34715
General advert text
Due to further expansion, the Charlie Waller Institute (CWI) is seeking to appoint driven and inspiring teaching-intensive Lecturers in CBT to work across our range of training programmes for mental health practitioners. You will join a vibrant, collegiate, team to deliver high-quality teaching and supervision on our portfolio of well-regarded graduate and postgraduate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) programmes.
The successful candidate(s) will support the delivery of high-quality teaching, clinical skills training and clinical supervision on our well-regarded graduate and postgraduate CBT programmes. We work closely with NHSE and HEE colleagues to train staff practising within adult and children and young people’s mental health services.
We welcome applications from both clinical psychologists and from CBT trained individuals, with clinical experience in mental health services, who are seeking a part-time or full-time position within the University. Applicants are required to have an in-depth knowledge of, and ability to teach, cognitive behavioural therapy.
We expect to appoint lecturers to start in April 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. Applicants will be clinically trained as a high-intensity CBT practitioner with recent experience of clinical practice.
You will have:
• Experience of working clinically with CBT interventions
• Significant experience of teaching in a Higher Education setting
• Experience of supervising others’ clinical work
• Commitment to excellence in teaching and enhancing student experience
• Commitment to professionalism in interactions with colleagues and students
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of, and perhaps interest in being involved in, research into CBT
Interview date: 23/03/2021
Closing date: 28th February 2021
To apply for this job please visit jobs.reading.ac.uk.