The British & Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM)
The British & Irish Modern Music Institute are seeking an Associate Counsellor to join their student Counselling Service in Fulham Broadway.
BIMM is the largest and leading provider of music education in Europe. For over 35 years, we’ve taken raw talents and turned them into industry professionals, earning a living doing what they love. And as you’ll see from our graduate employment statistics – as well as world-conquering BIMM alumni like James Bay and George Ezra – nobody does it better.
Due to the current pandemic it is possible counselling sessions will be conducted via video link for a minimum of term 1 and counsellors should be prepared to conduct sessions either face to face or digitally. Supervision will also be held via online video also.
What Associate Counsellors can expect from BIMM London:
• 4 client hours a week (students at BIMM have access to a course of 6 sessions)
• Fortnightly group supervision, also regular access to support and advice. Supervision is integrative with psychodynamic focus.
• Valuable experience of short-term counselling within the education sector
• A collaborative environment where different counselling approaches are encouraged
• Counsellors may tape sessions for training assessment purposes (after completion of the 3 month probationary period and with the permission of the client)
• A reference on leaving BIMM London
Requirements of Associate Counsellors:
• Applicants must have completed an initial phase of counselling training of at least 1 year and be engaged in further training
• Commit to one academic year (October-June)
• Be available to work with 4 clients a week and attend fortnightly supervision (supervision is held at 3pm on Fridays)
• Applicants are required to arrange professional indemnity insurance
• An Enhanced DBS check will be required
• Previous 1:1 counselling experience is desirable
How to Apply
• your CV and;
• no more than 200 words telling us why you’d like to join our team
to Joanna Calder, Senior Counsellor, at email@example.com
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role please contact Joanna on the same email address.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.