Part time (0.5FTE), permanent
Salary, grade 5: £34,036 – £37,676 pro rata = (£17,018 – £18,838 – 0.5FTE) per annum including London weighting
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama’s Counselling Service. As a Student Counsellor you will work within a small, dynamic counselling team.
The post holder will manage a busy 1:1 clinical workload, create and deliver workshops to groups of students, and pro-actively contribute to new initiatives to build on the success of this vital and valued service. The post holder will also supervise a group of volunteer Associate Counsellors.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
· A professional counselling qualification and BACP or UKCP accreditation or working toward accreditation.
· A minimum of two years post-qualification counselling experience
· Experience of working within a time-limited model, counselling students from diverse backgrounds.
· The role includes supervising associate counsellors, therefore, experience of this is essential. However, if a candidate has some experience of providing clinical supervision, they would be expected to undertake further supervision training within the first year of employment. Candidates must demonstrate they have the relevant experience in a similar organisational setting.
· Experience or knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of students in a small and specialist theatre arts school is an advantage.
Candidates must be available to work on Thursday and Fridays and one evening a week throughout the academic year. The successful candidate will arrange their own external supervision, which will be funded by Central.
Currently all counselling and supervision session are carried out remotely, however, we do plan to return to site once it is possible. Therefore, we do require the Student Counsellor to be based in a location from which it is possible for them to travel to our Swiss Cottage site. Going forward we hope the appointed person to be willing to work remotely when necessary.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of personal characteristic(s) or background. We particularly welcome applications from a Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic background and people with disabilities as they are currently underrepresented at Central.
For further information and application details please visit: https://www.cssd.ac.uk/jobs-at-central/student-counsellor
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 9am on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
It is anticipated that interviews and assessments will take place on Wednesday 12 May 2021.
Successful candidates will be expected to be available to commence employment as soon as reasonably possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.cssd.ac.uk.