Children’s mental health charity, Place2Be, has been providing in-school support and expert training to improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff in Scottish primary and secondary schools since 2001.
Starting with an initial pilot in two Edinburgh primary schools, Place2Be Scotland now reaches over 14,000 pupils and their families in schools across Glasgow, Edinburgh, South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Dundee, Angus, Perth and Kinross and South Ayrshire. Our training programme includes a Mental Health Champions Foundation Course available free of charge to 50,000 teachers across the UK and support for School Leaders.
About The Role
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 14hrs p/w
Days: Mondays and Tuesdays
Location: G75 9DW
As a School Based Counsellor for Place2Be, you will provide a counselling service for children in our partner schools, ensuring the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support. You will ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in all Place2Be schools.
If you are a Qualified Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Arts Psychotherapist, Clinical or Counselling Psychologist, with experience of working with children and young people, this is a role you should consider applying for.
As part of your role you will be responsible for ensuring high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with substantial post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we’re looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
– Hold a recognised qualification in Counselling or Therapy
– Hold recognised membership of a relevant professional body(BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
– Post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people and schools
– Demonstrate an understanding of working with children and families in need, including those in need of emotional and therapeutic support
– Posses a willingness to undertake work with parents, carers and school staff
– Manage and account for overall clinical caseload
– hold a qualification in supervision (desirable)
1st Interview: Thursday 11 February 2021 Microsoft Teams
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
– Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
– Robust Learning and Development Programme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
– Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
– Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
TO APPLY and to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.
To apply for this job please visit careers.place2be.org.uk.