Place2Be is the leading children’s mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
About The Role
Fixed Term 1 year, with possibility of extension
Hours: 17.5 hrs p/w Home-based Online School Counsellor/Mental Health Practitioner
Days: 2.5 days
Location: Anywhere in Scotland
As a Mental Health Practitioner/ Online Counsellor, you will effectively manage the Place2Be counselling provision in partnership with the high school and children in P6/P7 from associated primaries ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support, and high quality clinical practice. This includes undertaking clinical assessments and formulations.
You will undertake one to one online counselling with children and/or young people and may provide Place2Be services such as Groupwork, Place2Talk, Place2Think and Parent Partnership interventions, also online, as agreed with the Area Manager and school leadership team. This is a home-based role delivering services remotely.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with substantial post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we’re looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
– hold a recognised counselling or therapy qualification
– have current membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
– possess post qualification experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children and young people
– demonstrate understanding of working with children and young people who require or would benefit from emotional and therapeutic support
– demonstrates understanding of a range of therapeutic models
1st Interview: Monday 22nd February 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
– Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
– Robust Learning and Development Programme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
– Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
– Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
TO APPLY and to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@PLACE2BE.ORG.UK.