Children’s mental health charity, Place2Be, has been providing in-school support and expert training to improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff in Scottish primary and secondary schools since 2001.
Starting with an initial pilot in two Edinburgh primary schools, Place2Be Scotland now reaches over 14,000 pupils and their families in schools across Glasgow, Edinburgh, South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Dundee, Angus, Perth and Kinross and South Ayrshire. Our training programme includes a Mental Health Champions Foundation Course available free of charge to 50,000 teachers across the UK and support for School Leaders.
About The Role
Fixed Term Contract until end of Dec 2021 (with potential extension until Oct 2023)
Hours: 14hrs p/w
Days: 2 days p/w (days TBC)
Location: Arbroath DD11 3BN
As a Mental Health Practitioner/Counsellor, you will effectively manage all aspects of the Place2Be provision in partnership with the school ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support, high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools. This includes undertaking clinical assessments and formulations and 1-1 intervention work.
You’ll ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools, by undertaking clinical assessments and formulations, identifying and delivering appropriate clinical interventions for children and young people, establishing positive, active and effective relationships with the school and Place2Be management team and actively participating in staff meetings to share best practice and develop clinical thinking, knowledge and learning.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised clinical qualification with some post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we’re looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
– have a recognised qualification in counselling with current registration to BACP
– possess post qualification experience in a clinical role and an understanding of working with people and schools
– demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the importance of embedding Assessment and Formulation in clinical practice
– develop project plans into sensible, timely actions that meet the expectations of the school and more senior colleagues; understands the need for efficiency and timelines in delivery
– displays effective, well-organised management of their school project
Please note only counsellors or psychotherapists should apply, and they can be registered with BACP or COSCA
1st Interview: Thursday 14th January 2021 Microsoft Teams
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
– Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
– Robust Learning and Development Programme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
– Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
– Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
TO APPLY and to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.
To apply for this job please visit careers.place2be.org.uk.