About The Role
Queensbridge Primary School and The Bridge Academy
Hours: 31.5hrs p/w
Days: Monday- Friday (half day to be confirmed)
Location: E2 8BA and E8 3ND
Rokeby Secondary School
Hours: 14hrs p/w
Days: Tuesday and Wednesday
Location: E16 4DD
Ark Evelyn Grace Academy
Hours: 21hrs p/w
Location: Lambeth, SE24 0QN
Hillyfield Primary School
Hours: 14hrs p/w
Location: Walthamstow, E17 6ED
We have a number of vacant roles available in Primary and Secondary Schools across London North East & Home Counties and London South East region. In your application, please indicate which roles your are applying for as we will be conducting one interview for all roles.
As a Mental Health Practitioner/Counsellor, you will effectively manage all aspects of the Place2Be provision in partnership with the school ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support, high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools. This includes undertaking clinical assessments and formulations.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through a range of universal and targeted interventions:
- therapeutic and psychoeducational group work
- Brief structured one to one work
- Digital platforms in partnership with Healios, Kooth and SHOUT Crisis textline
- Consultation with school staff
All of these support a child’s ability to engage in school life and also support the mental health of the whole school community. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
You will also undertake one to one or clinical or group work with children and/or young people and provide Place2Be services such as Place2Talk, Place2Think and Parent Partnership interventions as agreed with the Area Manager and school leadership team.
You’ll ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools, by undertaking clinical assessments and formulations, identifying and delivering appropriate clinical interventions for children and young people, establishing positive, active and effective relationships with the school and Place2Be management team and actively participating in staff meetings to share best practice and develop clinical thinking, knowledge and learning.
In your application, please indicate clearly on your application form which roles and schools you are interested in applying for as we will be conducting one interview for all our vacant posts. If you are successful you will be offered a 2nd stage interview at each of the schools that you have applied for.
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse groups.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with substantial post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we’re looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
- Hold a recognised clinical qualification (in counselling, psychotherapy, clinical psychology, Art/Dance/Drama/Music Therapy)
- Hold a recognised membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. BACP / UKCP/NCS/BPS/HCPC)
- experience in a clinical role with experience and understanding of working with children, young people and schools
- demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the importance of embedding Assessment and Formulation in clinical practice
- experience of safeguarding child protection procedures and policy and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- show an understanding of how to run an effective school based mental health project and managing and accounting for overall caseload
- have previous experience in developing project plans into sensible, timely actions that meet the expectations of the school and more senior colleagues
1st Interview: Wednesday 8th December 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
Please feel free to contact to visit our website if you have any questions about this role, or would like to speak to someone.
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
To apply for this job please visit careers.place2be.org.uk.