Place2Be is the leading children’s mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
About The Role
Hours: 14hrs p/w
Days: Wednesday and Thursday
Location: London, N21 3HE
School Project Managers are the heart of Place2Be’s mission: helping thousands of children break through the emotional barriers to learning by providing high-quality counselling and support.
We are looking for experienced Counsellors/Therapists/Psychotherapists to take up posts within Place2Be school projects’ as School Project Managers.
We’re looking for experienced, confident communicators to manage services in schools in your region – supervising Place2Be Counsellors on Placement, and building great relationships with children, families and teachers.
The School Project Managers will oversee a whole school service, supporting counsellors to deliver therapeutic support across KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4, providing a range of interventions from one to one counselling, group work, supporting teachers and parents and the school as a whole. This is a great opportunity to work in schools, who have a commitment to the delivery of high impact pastoral care underpinned by early intervention and who value the benefits of having an in-school counselling service.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with substantial post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we’re looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
– Holds a recognised clinical qualification (in counselling, psychotherapy, clinical psychology, Art/Dance/Drama/Music Therapy)
– Hold recognised membership of a relevant professional body(BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
– Post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people and schools
– Understand how schools work in partnership with clinical practitioners and the importance of these relationship
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of embedding Assessment and Formulation in clinical practice
undertake work with parents, carers and school staff and to hold a clinical caseload with children or young people
– provide clinical and managerial supervision to trainee Counsellors on Placement and to ensure their integration into the school environment
1st Interview: Monday 15th March 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
– Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
– Robust Learning and Development Programme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mobile Phone Discounts (EE network)
– Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
– Extended maternity/paternity pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To APPLY or view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our website for further details.
To apply for this job please visit careers.place2be.org.uk.