About The Role
Hours: 35 hrs p/w
Days: Monday – Friday
Location: This role encompasses schools in the following boroughs: Islington, Haringey, Camden and Westminster
The role of the Family Practitioner is to deliver a range of targeted individual and group interventions with parents, carers, children and young people within a school setting to improve outcomes for children and their families. This role, is in line with our ethos, which places an emphasis on early intervention.
As our new Family Practitioner, you will work in partnership with parents to strengthen parental capacity and family relationships, especially with relation to managing challenging behaviour, and to increase parental engagement in their local school community and in children’s education and development. In this role, you will include a combination of face to face work in schools in the allocated area and remote working from home or office.
Please note: You will need to be able to travel regularly to schools within the Areas listed.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
– Engage with families and develop and maintain a supportive and empowering relationship founded on mutual respect, trust and the existing strengths of families.
– Maintain a caseload of families, providing individual support and group interventions as part of the child/family action plan.
– Work in partnership with parents to encourage independence and self-reliance and to help them to develop a consistent and positive approach to parenting aimed at addressing behaviour’s and overcoming challenges.
– Promote and facilitate parental understanding of a child’s needs.
– In partnership with School Based Staff undertake robust family focused assessments to identify most appropriate interventions to benefit the child/ren.
– Support parents to provide an appropriate environment in which children and young people feel safe and which encourages the development of their self-esteem and resilience.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate will have:
– a recognised clinical qualification in family interventions/counselling/Childhood Development/Social Work
– a recognised membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/UKCP/NCS/BPS – BASW (British Association for Social Workers)/AFT (Association for Family Practice and Systemic Practice)
– post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people, families and schools
– a clear understanding of child protection policy and procedures and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
– good knowledge of the school environment
strong understanding of a range of therapeutic models
Please note: The successful candidate will need to be available for induction training on 24th and 25th August.
1st Interview: 03rd/04th August 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
Robust Learning and Development Programme
Contributory Pension Scheme
Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
Employee Assistance Programme
Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To apply or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details.
To apply for this job please visit careers.place2be.org.uk.