We are a small Christian charity providing housing and support to women who have experienced sexual exploitation. We looking for a sessional counsellor to join our small but amazing team and provide maternity cover for 12 months.
We have a Genuine Occupational Requirement that our counsellors hold a Christian faith. They should be comfortable incorporating spirituality into their counselling practice as required, as well as participating in times of prayer with the wider Orchards team. We request that our counsellors commit to and uphold our counselling ethos, which further outlines how we live out our faith in practice.
Purpose of the role
To provide counselling services to survivors of sexual exploitation
- Degree or Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Accreditation or membership of a professional body (BACP or UKCP)
- At least 2 years’ experience in counselling practice
- Further specialist counselling training relevant to sexual violence, including an understanding of the effects of sexual trauma on an individual
- Experience and understanding of working with women from diverse backgrounds; an understanding of the effects of racial trauma
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to integrate spirituality with sensitivity within counselling sessions as required
- Up to date knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working
Terms and Conditions
- Contract: sessional contract, 12 months maternity cover
- Hours: 8 hours per week (6 client sessions + 2 hours meeting / admin time)
- Salary: £ 35 per client session, £11.50 per hour admin time.
Location: Flexible working. Ability to conduct client sessions in person from our South London office preferable.
- Providing weekly one-to-one counselling sessions of 50 minutes.
- A commitment to praying for counselling clients and demonstrating the Orchards values and ethos in all aspects of the role.
- Completing case notes after each session; and collating feedback forms completed by the client at regular intervals, as required.
- Liaising as needed with other agencies involved in the client’s care.
- Counsellors are expected to undertake monthly 1-1 clinical Supervision specific to their Orchards clients. Their supervisor will be approved and paid for by Orchards.
- Attending weekly team prayer meetings and biweekly line management meetings.
- Counsellors are also required, as part of our commitment to clients’ holistic wellbeing, to attend bimonthly case work meetings with the staff team.
- Living, personal Christian faith.
- Ability to provide a safe and calm relationship to clients in distress.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to the Orchards’ values and ethos.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Ability to be self-reflective and self-aware.
- Commitment to your own self-care and wellbeing.
- Up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding procedures and risk management
- Excellent understanding of working with complex difficulties and mental health issues
- Good understanding of the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions or equivalent.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in applying for this role.
Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should include:
· An overview of your relevant experience and skills
· Why you are interested in working for Orchards specifically
· Reference to your Christian faith and how you might live out the Orchards ethos in practice.
The deadline for applications is: 6th May
Interviews will take place during the week of the 10th May
Ideally, we would like the successful applicant to be in post by early June.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.