Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum, the fast growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As the EAP Supervisor you will oversee the performance of designated EAP to ensure the business objectives are met with high quality outcomes. You will collaborate with EAP and Business Operations Leadership to ensure the maximum efficiency of the team and department processes, procedures and systems. Within this role you will also partner across the business as needed to ensure that results are achieved.
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work. ℠
- Broad knowledge and background in multi-disciplinary counselling approaches with specific experience/training in Brief Solution Focus Therapy
- Incorporate measures of quality into team goals and expectations and work to ensure their achievement; clearly communicate performance metrics and standards with direct reports and ensure accountability; including coaching, recognition, and performance management as needed
- Coordinate work activities with other team supervisors to ensure consistency in management of team in regards to following established policies, best practices, performance management and process adherence across entire team
- Assists EAP Operations Lead to help identify solutions to resolve customer and service issues in a timely manner
- Identify and coordinate on-going training for existing team members to improve efficiencies, job skills, knowledge, personal growth and performance
- Facilitate the onboarding of new employees, helping them to feel welcome and understand their roles in the organization
- Ensure contractual performance guarantees and member satisfaction ratings are met and/or exceeded for all customers
- Conduct timely chart and call audits and skills assessments
- Collaborate with EAP Business Operations leadership to monitor team utilization and present data to support staffing level changes as appropriate; create requisitions, conduct new hire behavioral interviews, and ensure highly skilled and qualified candidates are selected and hired
- Actively identify, present and disseminate relevant and timely information to the team; create agendas and facilitate team meetings; conduct and/or delegate meeting follow-up action items and ensure completion
Discuss and create development plans and goals with direct reports through quarterly meetings to ensure growth within current roles and future opportunities within the company
- Work with Human Capital on compensation planning, performance management, employee relations concerns/issues and employee development
- Other special projects and activities as directed by manager
- Accreditation with recognized Counselling and Psychotherapy Accrediting Body
- Proven direct supervisory experience
- Strong business acumen and professional presentation
- The ability to priorities and delegate tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of EAP services
- Strong conflict resolution skills and customer focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Strength and experience in data analysis, planning, organization, accuracy, problem solving, prioritization and rapid execution of multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and be able to form effective collaborations with others
- Ability to understand and work effectively within large matrix managed corporations
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. ℠
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.