Website Living Well
Improving mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Life Coach providing one-to-one or group support aimed at BAME, LBGT and HIV communities
Living Well is an independent social enterprise that focuses on the development and delivery of innovative health and wellbeing services. We have a solid reputation for high quality services that reflect person-centred values and achieving a more collaborative relationship where the clients are active partners in their own health and wellbeing. Examples of the services we provide include: Counselling, Psychotherapy, Life Coaching, Hypnotherapy, Drama therapy, Art Therapy and Complementary Therapies. We serve a wide range of communities including those living with HIV, those with long-term conditions, those looking for employment, LGBT+ people, and those from BAME communities.
Living Well has had to undergo radical transformation in order to operate safely during the pandemic – with nearly all services now delivered remotely. And to help support those communities that have been most impacted by COVID we have recently launched a new service called ‘Connect Well’ to provide a range of free online and telephone support, including: one-to-one life coaching, counselling and hypnotherapy; and online group sessions such as wellbeing workshops, qigong and art therapy. To be eligible for any of Connect Well’s free support services, participants must be 18 years or over, resident in London and either be part of the BAME, LGBT+ or HIV communities.
This is therefore an excellent time to join our small team as either a freelance counsellor, life coach or student placement to help us carve out a new way of providing therapeutic support. We have both paid and unpaid opportunities and we are particularly looking for practitioners from BAME, LGBT+ or HIV backgrounds.
For more information about Living Well and the services we provide, please visit www.livingwellcic.com or us on 020 3137 3373.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide therapeutic support services, in consultation with staff – group work and/or individual work as appropriate.
All current services to be delivered remotely using online platforms and telephone. However, any future face to face work that is agreed will use appropriate social distancing, PPE and any other Covid precautions to be discussed.
Weekly reporting to staff on sessions delivered and immediate flagging of any issues concerning risk or concern.
Essential qualities and experience
- Qualification/accreditation as above.
- Supervision according to the level set by your membership body (groups supervision option offered by Living Well).
- Minimum two years post qualification experience for paid opportunities.
- Experience of engaging with a wide range of people and of being flexible according to their need.
- Demonstrable training and experience of working with trauma.
- Willingness to be proactive in engaging with guests.
- A willingness to be flexible and to consider creative ways of engaging with guests.
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding laws and procedures
Desirable qualities and experience
- Training in and experience of group processes.
- Experience of working with marginalised people, particularly BAME, LGBT+ or HIV communities.
- Knowledge and experience of mental health law, services and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.