Job Title: Lead Arts Therapist
Accountable To: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Hours of Work: 28 hours per week (some flexible working will be required)
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 pro rata/per annum
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Interviews: 28th May 2021
Lead Therapist to manage BANG’s therapy service.
We are looking for an experienced counsellor or psychotherapist to manage BANG’s therapy service. The post holder should have 5 years post qualifying experience and be a full member of HCPC, BACP or UKCP.
The Lead Therapist will be the programme manager for BANG’s Create Change therapy service. Create Change therapy service offers an array of interventions for young people and their families.
The post-holder will take overall responsibility of the daily running of Create Change. Drawing upon their knowledge, skills and experience they will lead a therapy service, which works with children and young people who present challenging behaviour and who have significant and complex social, emotional and learning needs. The role will require the lead therapist to provide group and individual (online and face to face) therapy assessment and treatment for young people and their families, in order that they can achieve their social, emotional and educational goals as well as undertaking multi-agency work. Managing a varied caseload and work alongside other programmes at BANG will be essential to the role.
The post holder will lead case meetings and discussions, where collective decisions will be made with the team on the most effective therapeutic interventions. Confidently offering professional advice to support other team members will be part of this role. Additional responsibilities include fundraising for Create Change projects providing statistics, information and reports for funders and management as requested and creating strong relationships with BANG funders. The role will provide dynamic leadership and strategic vision in the continuous development of the Create Change service.
Other skills include:
· Ability to work creatively with a diverse range of needs, including conduct disorder, erratic behaviour, extreme anger, abuse of any kind, trauma and dissociation, self-harm, depression, anxiety and phobias.
· Undertaking appraisals and performance reviews for Create Change staff.
· Contributing to Executive Lead Team meetings.
· Developing partnerships with other organisation for the ongoing development of Create Change.
· Ensuring clinical governance for the service.
· Supervising and managing therapists, other Create Change staff, volunteers and students on placements.
· Providing training opportunities for relevant staff members at BANG.
· Identifying gaps in knowledge and skills for staff in Create Change.
· Contributing to the growth of the therapy service, making it commercially viable and sustainable
· Maintaining clinical records and manage paperwork promptly and efficiently.
· Providing therapy reports, which outline the work with young people and their families in accordance to BANG’s monitoring and evaluation policies.
· Ability to undertake assessments and provide formulations in order to guide the treatment of a young person.
· Attend fortnightly individual clinical supervision with a qualified supervisor approved by the BANG Chief Executive.
· Work within HCPC/ BACP/UKCP/Code of Ethics and Practice and comply with all policies and procedures.
· Liaise with BANG staff and other agencies on the needs of individual service users.
· Have excellent time management skills and willingness to work flexibly.
· Attend and contribute to line management meetings, working group meetings and other meetings, as required.
· Active promote and ensure robust equal opportunities and diversity best-practice at all times and work in an anti-oppressive manner.
· Ability to align the therapy service with other BANG services targeted at young people.
· Adhere to and keep updated with all policies and procedures.
For further details and an Application Pack: Please contact, Lisa Maynes – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.