Gatherings for Experienced Practitioners and Students – Birmingham
Due to the coronavirus, gatherings with the Midlands team will take place online until further notice
The next online event: The impact of current world events on us and our clients – 25th July 2020
This is a Closed Practitioner Event
These gatherings will be held in Birmingham for therapy practitioners and students of Black, African South Asian and people of colour heritages. These gatherings are also open to other therapists of colour who are affected by prejudice due to the colour of their skin and global white power.
The groups aim – to connect with other working therapists of colour, to gain support with developing ourselves as practitioners and to leave the group energised and inspired.
To find out about the kinds of themes or topics under discussion, as well as projects that individual groups are in the process of undertaking at some of the other BAATN gatherings, please take a look here.
Venue: Birmingham Counselling Services, 205 Zellig Building, Gibb Street, Custard Factory, Birmingham, B9 4AT. Getting there
Time: 14:00 – 16:30
The impact of current world events on us and our clients – 25th July 2020
In this gathering, we will discuss the effects of social media on how we relate to issues of race and racism.
Amongst our conversations, we will explore:
– What we have noticed in our online behaviour when our reflections are made through the lens of the personal, professional, family/friend and community?
– How might these digitalised conversations on race and racism be a resource and a restraint, opening possibility and problems in our therapeutic practice?
Book for this on-line gathering below.
Find other Midlands events here
- These events are free to Psychological Therapist Members and Student Therapist Members, £10 for Non-members.
- You can book gatherings up until the day before the gathering at 5 pm
- Only the next two upcoming dates will be open for registration at any one time.
- If you have difficulty booking, you can email email@example.com
- If an event is full, email firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the waiting list. If a place becomes available before 5pm on the day before the event, priority will be given to those at the top of the waiting list.